11 Mar Are you ready to write a blog?
“You can if you think you can.” That was a mantra my father drilled into my head and my five siblings heads while growing up. It was a book by Norman Vincent Peale that he would read almost every day and eventually gave each of us a copy.
I think I can, I think I can. That is what I have been saying to myself for months now. I can write a blog. I need to write a blog. Blogging will help my business. Margo Geller, my unyielding business coach, says I need to do it. Yes, I have a business coach (discussion for a future blog). Bloggers are telling me to do it.
I have been stalling, offering up excuse after excuse:
Blogging takes good writing skills. I am not a strong writer.
Blogging takes time. Time I don’t have, time away from my business, time away from my family.
It is scary putting yourself out there. What will I say?
Now is the time. I am pulling myself together, stopping the excuses and giving into Margo. No more I think I can – but I can. I have over 14 years of experience in marketing and visual communications across a multitude of industries including retail, consulting and professional services, insurance, law and art.
Whether I am designing a new site, refreshing an existing site or providing SEO and social marketing services to clients, I love the collaboration. And, I have realized that collaboration is also helpful for my own small business. I don’t have to do it all on my own. I am fortunate my business is growing and I have met some like-minded people along the way who have different skill sets. I can get help with the writing and editing. They can help me. They can help my clients. I need to remind myself that I am not alone, that it takes a village.
So I am finally jumping on the blogging train. I hope you will enjoy the ride with me and find this blog helpful to your business.
And here’s is why I am finally writing a blog:
- A blog is an easy platform to connect and share relevant information with others.
- A blog gives your company a voice and allows you to share your expertise with prospects and clients. B2B marketers that blog acquire 67% more customers than businesses that don’t according to InsideView.
- Blogs are good for SEO (search engine optimization). They offer searchable content that can help drive traffic to your website. According to Hubspot, SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate.
- A blog provides content to socialize on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, email newsletters, etc. Analysts from BIA Kelsey state that 52% of U.S. small businesses use social media to promote their businesses.
- Blogs can create new opportunities. Establishing a brand and sharing expertise through your blog can help you find the right clients and business partners. According to Content Plus, 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its website.
- A blog is a cost effective way of marketing that helps build brand confidence and sales. Seventy percent of consumers prefer getting to know a company via articles rather than ads according to Content Plus.
- Blogs are a way to keep your web content fresh.
- Blogs can provide analytical insight into your readers and site visitors.
- Blogs can be inspiring!
I used to think I can’t…now I know with a little help, I can!
Are you inspired? You can do it! And Red Tree Designs can help.